UK Naturalisation

Once you have been granted Indefinite Leave to Remain, or have resided in the UK as an EEA national for the required length of time, the last step to setting up your life in the UK is securing your British passport. This process starts with naturalisation, where you will be issued a document that you can use to then apply for your British passport.


If you have been granted Indefinite Leave to Remain and are seeking to apply for UK Naturalisation, you must illustrate to the UKBA that you have:


  • been legally resident in the UK for 5 years;
  • had ILR for at least 1 year;
  • have not been absent for more than 450 days in the 5 years immediately before applying, 90 of those days being in the last 12 months;
  • are of good character;
  • completed the Life in the UK Test;
  • Satisfy English language requirement.
Enquiry Form