Financial Matters Divorce
Financial arrangements can often be a matter of contention between couples going through a divorce or separation. It can be daunting unravelling shared assets and finances, especially when they have been built up over a period of time during a long marriage. We understand you may be worried about your financial future and will wish to ensure you receive a fair settlement or be keen to protect your wealth.
The family and divorce lawyers at The Sethi Partnership Solicitors acknowledge that each case is different and there is no ‘one size fits all’ answer. We will work with you to achieve the best outcome possible, using our knowledge and experience to guide you through this complex area of law
Get in touch with us today on 020 3856 8156 or fill out our online enquiry form.
Financial settlements following divorce or separation
Numerous factors are taken into account when considering financial matters arising from a divorce or separation, including:
- Your and your partner’s assets and finances
- Your and your partner’s current and future needs
- Each of your earnings and earning capacity
- Whether you have children, and if so, their ages and needs
- The age of you and your partner
- Your and your partner’s’ health, and whether this will affect your future abilities to earn
- The length of your marriage (including any time spent living together before you got married).
In many cases, financial agreements can be achieved through negotiation (either directly or indirectly), mediation or collaborative law. Any agreement reached must be approved by the court to ensure that it is legally binding. If an agreement cannot be reached, one of the parties will be required to make an application to the court for determination.
Contact our divorce solicitors in Ruislip, Middlesex
Whatever your circumstances, contact one of our specialist family lawyers today by calling 020 3856 8156 or complete our online enquiry form.