Young Professionals Scheme
The Young Professionals scheme was signed by the UK and the Indian Government on 04th May 2021. This scheme will give opportunities for young people from both countries to travel and work in either country for a period of up to two years. This would be an ideal opportunity for young, aspiring professionals in India to gain employment in the UK and build their career.
Criteria to apply for The Young Professionals Scheme (for Indian Nationals wanting to come to the UK under this scheme):
- Applicants should hold Indian Nationality
- Applicants should be aged between of 18 and 30. However, Applications can be submitted up to 3 months before the applicant is 18 years old
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate that they have the sufficient financial resources to meet their needs during their authorised period of stay
- Applicants must hold a diploma / degree which validates as far as possible at least three years’ higher education corresponding to the qualification required for the employment on offer or have professional experience of comparable level in the sphere of activity concerned and be able to express themselves in English.
Although, it has not been formally announced whether applicants would be required to be offered a job from a UK Visas & Immigration (‘UKVI’) approved licenced sponsor, it appears that applicants under the scheme will not be required to be sponsored in order to work in the UK.
Length of visa
Successful applicants will receive a two-year permit which allows work and stay in the host country. Applicants must leave or change status upon permit expiry. The United Kingdom will cap applications under the scheme to 3,000 visas.
Further information can be found here
1. MoU on the migration and mobility partnership between India and the United Kingdom
2. UK-India agree partnership to boost work visas for Indian nationals
Our immigration team are multilingual in English, German, Hindi, Urdu and Punjabi and Hindko. Our firm is long established and pride ourselves of putting clients first. Our firm is long established and pride ourselves with excellent client care. We are there to help and guide you with an initial fixed fee consultation to help you plan your future.
Please note that you need to formally instruct us or arrange an appointment before we can consider your matter or give you any advice. We do not accept instructions on a “no win, no fee” or legal aid basis.
Contact our UK immigration solicitors serving London & Ruislip, Middlesex
The locally-based lawyers at The Sethi Partnership Solicitors have been providing specialist legal advice for a diverse range of clients since 1994. Whatever your circumstances, speak to one of our trusted solicitors today to discuss your case.
Our affordable and professional legal advisors can guide you through all your immigration matters.To arrange an initial appointment, call us today on 020 3856 8156 or complete our online enquiry form and we’ll be in touch.
For our business immigration services click here.