Employment Dispute Lawyers
Our litigation solicitors act for employers and employees in employment disputes either in the Employment Tribunal, the High Court or the County Court including: –
- Claims for Unfair Dismissal.
- Grievances & Disciplinary Action.
- Claims to enforce post-employment restrictive covenants.
- Discrimination at work.
- Settlement Agreements.
- Drafting of Contracts of Employment, Handbooks and Policy Documentation.
Contact our employment lawyers in Ruislip, Middlesex today
Please contact us today on 020 3856 8156 or complete our online enquiry form if you wish to discuss your employment disputes.
Samples of recent cases are:
- Advising senior executive employee on harassment & bullying of them by a director of a City organisation.
- Attempt to force an employee to relocate from one jurisdiction to another in breach of contract.
- Acting for Finance Director of international bank in devising beneficial exit package where relations between the director and the board of the bank had broken down.
- Acting for employee who had been summarily dismissed for breach of IT policy (sending e-mails from work to private e-mail address) and threatened claim for injunction and breach of confidence from employer and concluding with favourable Settlement Agreement.
- Dismissal of employee who threatened to breach employer’s copyright in a translation of an academic text on which the employee had worked.
- Acting for employee when City firm of accountants tried to unfairly dismiss them on competency grounds & eventual Settlement Agreement.
- Acting for employee to resist attempts by worldwide Bank to unfairly dismiss them for redundancy & eventual Settlement Agreement.
- Advising anxious employee against resigning and claiming constructive dismissal, which gave client the clarity and resolution they wanted.
- Acting for employee/consultant in dispute over post-employment covenants through to settlement.
- Renegotiating terms of Settlement Agreement to employee who had been offered unfavourable redundancy terms.
- Supporting anxious client through complex disciplinary and grievance process leading to eventual Settlement Agreement
- Acting for former employee in their claim for unpaid commission on introductions of capital investors to film production company.
- Acting for employee dismissed on grounds of redundancy from large estate agents and negotiating Settlement Agreement.
- Acting for Finance Director of large IT company in dispute over re-organisation of business and risk to them of loss of authority and influence.
- Acting for former employee in complex unfair dismissal claim against major international organisation based on the USA.
- Acting for Senior Tax Accountant in complex unfair dismissal claim leading to eventual Settlement Agreement.
- Acting for Senior Manager of private hospital in unfair dismissal/disciplinary process where employee had been discriminated on grounds of race and eventual Settlement Agreement.
- Acting for Senior Project Manager in sham redundancy process aimed at getting them out of an international IT company and eventual Settlement Agreement.
- Acting for Assistant Director of Children’s Services in local authority who was 2 years from retirement and was facing an attempt by their new Senior Director to unfairly discipline them out – the employment relationship was maintained because of the advice given and their pension rights were consequently preserved.
- Acting for employee in attempt to increase their 3-day working week to 5-day in a sham re-organisation of business and an attempt to force them out – finally agreeing favourable settlement agreement.
- Acting for charity with religious objectives and global footprint based in the UK in all employment matters including drafting contracts, employee handbook, policies, termination decisions, claims to protect confidence and claims to restrain passing off and copyright infringement by former employees.
- Acting for senior executive of USA corporation with operation in the UK in complex redundancy where governing law of contract of employment and consequent rights and obligations were unclear – finally achieving resolution and favourable settlement.
- Advising firm of solicitors in constructive dismissal claim by former fee-earner and eventual favourable Settlement Agreement.
- Acting for Vice President of major international bank in high value Settlement Agreement with complex post-employment restrictions.
- Acting for UK operation of Far Eastern based organisation in complex dismissal of non-performing senior executive – finally agreeing settlement terms.
- Acting for longstanding employee in complex dismissal on grounds of sickness and eventual favourable Settlement Agreement.
- Advising partner retiring from major LLP seeking to set up new firm with former colleagues on risk of claims by the LLP for breaches of covenants restricting competition and enticement of former employees.
- Advising LLP on claims by retiring employees for repayment of salary which had been deferred under firm’s bonus incentive scheme.
- Advising prospective employee on proposed Shareholders Agreement and Employment Contract under which they would become minority shareholder and major contributor as manager of catering business owned by internationally based professional investors.
- Acting for a Senior medical professional in complex case where they were facing an investigation into alleged poor performance which had been caused by harassment and bullying from line manager/senior consultant.