We deal with claims for negligence against professionals, including solicitors, accountants, architects, surveyors or advisers.
Our specialist litigation lawyers have a particular expertise in dealing with claims against solicitors to recover damages for transactions which have gone wrong and recovery of costs paid to the negligent solicitor.
If you have received a bill for costs from a solicitor which you dispute you can ask the court to carry out an assessment to decide if you should those costs. We also specialise in these types of assessment which take place in the Senior Courts Costs Office.
Contact our professional negligence lawyers in Ruislip, Middlesex today
Examples of recent cases on which we acted:-
- Acting for one of the first claimants in England to obtain summary judgment in the High Court Queen's Bench Division against Giambrone Law LLP (In Liquidation) for negligence surrounding the purchase of an off-plan property in the El Caribe development in Calabria, Italy in 2008 (Master Yoxall, 11 April 2014).
- Claim against solicitors for negligent conduct of complex legal proceedings in High Court and a related challenge of the £500,000 in legal costs demanded by those solicitors from their former client.
- Advising a solicitor on a complex case involving breaches of the Solicitors Code of Conduct by their former firm which were reported to the Solicitors Regulation Authority, the Police and HMRC.
- Proceedings for £3m in damages in the Companies Court against administrative receivers who acted negligently in a pre-pack sale of assets.
- Negotiation of a sale from a Liquidator of substantial claims for damages against negligent administrative receivers.
- Defending claim from negligent estate agent for fees arising from a multiple agency arrangement.
- Defending a substantial claim for fees from an estate agent who was not the effective cause of a sale of the client’s property.
- Claim against solicitors whose mistake resulted in a lease which did not grant the clients the right to enter their own front door, leaving the property unmortgageable.
- Claim against solicitors who failed to investigate the service charge provisions in a lease which meant the client had to pay a huge contribution to the costs of refurbishment works to the entire building.
- Advising a solicitor in a claim where their mistake in the drafting of a will resulted in one beneficiary receiving more than the testator had intended.
- Advising UK and non-UK solicitors in an estate involving assets in several jurisdictions where errors had been made in retaining inheritance tax before distribution of assets.