Property Disputes can be extremely stressful and financially damaging. They invariably relate to your home, your office or an investment property and can tie you up in court proceedings with your neighbours, your joint owners or landlord for years. This can impede the development of your property portfolio and your ability to grow as financial resources become locked in paying for legal fees and experts.
Our litigation lawyers have a particular expertise in cases involving dispute between co-habiting joint owners of properties where relationships have broken down and one party wants the property sold but there is a dispute about contributions. These are commonly referred to as “TOLATA Claims” as they are brought under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996.
Our property disputes solicitors advise on issues such as:
- Claims for sale of jointly owned properties.
- Claims for division of proceeds of sale of jointly owned properties.
- Rectification of errors in title deeds of leases of properties.
- Boundary disputes.
- Access to Neighbouring Land Act 1996 applications.
- Adverse possession claims.
- Noise nuisance claims.
- Disputes with trustees.
- Disputes about completions of purchase of land/Specific Performance claims
Whatever your interest in the property in question the expert property dispute lawyers at The Sethi Partnership Solicitors can help you to resolve matters as quickly and cost effectively as possible with a strategic and pragmatic plan aimed at minimising the expense and delays of court proceedings.
Contact our property dispute resolution lawyers in Ruislip, Middlesex today
Examples of recent cases dealt with by us:
- Claim against noisy neighbours seeking injunction and damages for nuisance.
- Claim for an injunction against neighbour in dispute arising under Party Wall etc Act 1996.
- Advising client with difficult neighbour who wanted access to the client’s land to carry out maintenance work on neighbour’s fence and garden shed under the Access to Neighbouring Land Act 1992.
- Acting for sub-contractor in construction dispute relating to concrete foundations and structure of major build.
- Acting for claimant in defeating claim by "second" estate agent for fees where property sold by first estate agent.
- Acting for Major Academic Institution based in UK in service charge dispute.
- Acting for claimants in dispute over structural alterations/improvements to residential premises.
- Acting for purchasers of flats (off-plan) on rescission of complex sub-contracts on a major new build halted by administration of developer.
- Claimants in noise dispute with owner/occupier of upstairs flat.
- UK resident claimants in resisting substantial negative equity liability under a US mortgage on holiday home in Florid.
- Family member in complex property dispute involving trust deed.