Senior Partner/Solicitor Criminal Litigation
Ritu Sethi is the founder of The Sethi Partnership Solicitors and established the practice in 1994.
As Senior Partner of the firm, Ritu has the overall responsibility for client care, ethical and professional standards, financial management and human resources within the Practice. Ritu Sethi was admitted as a solicitor and an officer of the Supreme Court in March 1990. Ritu Sethi is the COLP and COFA for the practice.
As well as growing the practice into a successful and established law firm, Ritu has received numerous nominations and awards within the legal industry, being recognized as a trail-blazer in the profession and has also written a book entitled ‘Having it All Now’ A Woman’s Guide to Having It All Now – An Inspirational Journey to becoming a Superwoman.
Ritu is a motivational speaker and has appeared on her own television chat show Chai with Ritu and on BBC Radio discussing a wide range of legal issues. She is regularly featured in a number of publications, including Asian Wealth Magazine and India Link.
- Admitted as a Solicitor, England and Wales – 1990
- Bachelor of Law (LL.B.) Hons – Bristol
- Travelling and spending time with our new office dog
- Won the Asian Business Women of the Year 2000 award, awarded by the European Federation of Black Women Business Owners, sponsored by BT
- Nominated for Women in Business Award for Asian Achievers Award in 2003
- Nominated for Asian Achievement award for Business Women of the Year 2003
- Nominated for Legal Personality by Society of Asian Lawyers of the year award in year 2005
- Nominated for Asian Business award 2006
- Nominated for Professional of the Year at the Asian Achievers Awards 2007
- Nominated for the Professional Excellence Jewel Award in September 2007
- Won Award of Achievement in Judiciary /Law 2007
- Won Business Services at the First Women Awards 2008
- Won Businesswoman category of the India International Awards 2008
- Won Business category at the First Women Achievement Awards 2008
- Won Businesswoman of the year 2008 from the Asian Woman of Excellence Awards 2008
- Won Female Entrepreneur of the year 2012 Asian Achievers Awards by IBBF in London Parliament
- Won Author of Best Inspirational Book by IBBF 2013 in London Parliament
- Nominated for Best in Legal Services by British Indian Awards 2013 presented by BDO
- Asian Top 100 Hot Power Couple 2014
- Top 5 women who rock in a sari 2014
- Nominated for The Forward Ladies Outstanding Business Woman of the Year 2016
- Voted amongst the Top 10 Women Lawyers of 2016 at the Law Society Awards
- Property Team of the Year, Modern Conveyancing Awards 2017
- Conveyancing Firm of the Year, South, Modern Conveyancing Awards 2017
- Best in Legal Services at The British Indian Awards (BIA) 2017
- Finalist HSBC Forward Ladies Awards 2017
- Finalist Woman of the Year British Asian Achievers Awards 2017
- Finalist Best in Law London Asian Business Awards 2018